Freedom - What is it for you?
Knowledge. Success. Adventure. Love. Time. Money.
We want to share with you what we believe the right to freedom is for all women. It is to not be afraid of being physically and mentally abused and raped in your own home.
Everyone is entitled to feel free - without fear.
Everywhere - but above all in your own home.
This is a human right and should be a matter of course.
Therefore, FGL Store have created a collection to draw attention to this taboo subject.
Above all, we want to use our way of reaching out to people, to highlight this problem in our society. We want to share knowledge, encourage civil courage and show commitment.
We want to prevent violence and abuse in homes.
FGL Store will be donating a percentage of the profit to the Women's Journal, who help affected women and their children in need.
Together with the Women's Journal in Varberg, we aim to highlight the information below.
Because we believe many would like to help out - but not really know how...
• If you hear or see a woman get beaten, call the police immidiatley. You can remain anonymous. Simply by reacting when you hear or see something that worries you, you may save someones life.
• Do you suspect that a woman is getting abused - reach out a hand and offer her your support. Be prepared to be rejected. But on the day she needs to run away, she's likely to contact you.
• All women need an escape route on the day when they have enough courage and strength to leave. You can call the Women's Journal and ask for advice if you are unsure on how to get help for an exposed woman.
• Women's Journal always need volunteers. It could be to partake in the call center 3-4 times a year or contribute with a little of your time, when & where the Women's Journal spreads information.
• It is important that everyone engages, small or big, to highlight and support this cause.
• The Women's Journal are in need of phones, ipads, diapers, sanitary ware & supplies plus somewhere to store these items.
• Most importantly, they need housing - so women can get a chance to start a new life.
• Maybe companionship to an affected woman is something you can offer. To have a coffee or go for a walk could make someones day feel a bit more normal.